WS SIG (SF): The Future of Web Services
Scott Garvey - Director Web services marketing, Microsoft Corporation
- Business realities: agility is required in order to thrive in constant change
- Why Web services should succeed in enabling a Service Oriented Architecture
- What is a SOA and why should business executives care?
- What scenarios are Web services delivering today? Videos with customer examples
- Walk through the vertical momentum of Web services
- What is the future of Web services?
- What new scenarios will be enabled?
- What are the risk factors?
- What are the Microsoft investments around Web services?
About the Presenter
As a Director within Microsoft’s Platform Strategy and Partner Group, Scott has responsibility for Microsoft’s Web services strategy. He acts as a business strategy and architectural resource to executives within the Microsoft partner community and Enterprise customers.
When appropriate, Scott is also a spokesperson for Microsoft at industry conferences, product announcements and technical events, especially on the relevancy of Microsoft’s Web services technology and strategic vision.
Since joining Microsoft in 1997, Scott has provided leadership for several functions at Microsoft, including Global Systems Integrator relations, eCommerce strategy and partner ecosystem and Microsoft’s .NET initiative.
Thelen Reid & Priest Multipurpose Room
101 Second Street, Second Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105
Note: Second and Mission--Security locks the doors at 6; buzz the security officer from the Second Street entrance for admission to the building.
7:00-9:00pm presentation and discussion
$15 at the door for non-SDForum members
No charge for SDForum members
Free to Bay.NET members for the month of October
Please call 408.494.8378 for student memberships
No registration required