SVForum's CXO Forum at Sheppard Mullin - Setting Yourself up for Success: A Focus on your Team
Online registration is now closed. No walk-ins admitted.
Investors always say that a successful startup is more about the people than it is about the idea. Great people can take a mediocre idea, and make it a success, while mediocre people can take a great idea and make it a failure. So finding the right co-founder, and early team members, might just be more important than your product, market, or investors. So how do you go about building a great team, attracting top notch people who actively want to join your startup?
• What do early team members get excited about – me, the idea, the money they are going to make, or what?
• So what do I & my startup need to look like to start attracting people?
• How can I talk about my idea with people I don’t know? Won’t someone try to rip it off?
• I’m a business person, how will I know if the tech guys & gals I’m attracting know their stuff? (10 years with Java!)
• I’m a tech person, how will I know if the business people I’m attracting know their stuff? (Harvard MBA!)
• What equity should I be looking to offer to co-founders and early employees?
Our Guest Speakers will explore these questions, and more, to help you understand how to become a Top Talent Magnet.
11:30 am - 12:00 pm Networking and Lunch
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm Panel discussion and Q&A