“In the next 40 years, farmers will have to grow as much food as they have in the last 10,000 years - combined.”
SVG Partners present THRIVE ACCELERATOR - with Forbes
10 Companies. 8 Weeks. Up to $5 Million Funding. YOUR SOLUTION DEPLOYED IN A TOP AG COMPANY.
The most monumental demographic shift in history is taking place right now. By the year 2050, the population will increase to 9 billion people while the world’s middle class will increase from 1.5 billion to 4.5 billion. To meet future food demands, global production will have to increase by 70%--and applying technology will be the key. Working with participation from the world's leading fresh agriculture companies and Silicon Valley tech companies to make farming ‘smart,’ this program is designed to help today’s top innovators turn their dreams of revolutionizing agriculture into reality. (More Information)
Through Thrive Accelerator, select companies will gain access to the best expertise and resources of top agriculture and tech companies to help deploy their innovative new technologies.
September 30th is the last day to apply!
Visit the Thrive website to submit your startup.
How it Works:
Thrive Accelerator is a highly selective mentorship, and investment program for technology-enabled startups in the Precision Agriculture space. Ten startup companies are being selected to gather and connect in the Salinas area for mentorship, collaboration, and direct access to the top fresh agriculture companies in the world.
Each participating company will receive:
- Support from and access to the Steinbeck Innovation Center's vast global network of mentors from Silicon Valley and the Salinas Valley — an amazing collection of entrepreneurs, investors, and innovators interested in helping participating companies succeed
- Dedicated Steinbeck Innovation Center working space
- Mentor support from key executives and leaders, other agriculture industry leaders, venture capitalists, and the broader entrepreneurial community
- Access to the top R&D staff from the largest fresh ag companies in the world
- An Investor Demo Day on December 15th, where each company will present their team and product to agriculture leaders and investors.