Cloud Computing & Virtualization SIG: Hybrid Clouds
Topic: Hybrid Clouds
Hybrid Clouds are popping up everywhere. Why are they so popular? What are the use cases? What can they tell us about the future of Cloud Computing?
The undeniable benefits of Cloud Computing have motivated many companies to move their applications and workloads to the Public Cloud. But the cold hard truth is that most projects require the use of systems that either have not been migrated to Cloud or do not make sense to run in a Public Cloud environment. Hybrid Clouds have stepped in to address this scenario. But what is a Hybrid Cloud? What are some examples? This month we invite 5 presenters to share their success stories & challenges to overcome with Hybrid Clouds.
- Paul Mourani, Strategic Accounts, RightScale
- John Mark Walker, Evangelist, Red Hat Aeolus Project
- Matt Wyman, VP of Engineering, CoreLogic Dorado
- Chris Marino, CEO, vCider
Moderated by Dave Nielsen
- Paul Mourani - Paul will help us understand the many types of Hybrid Clouds
- John Mark Walker - John Mark will share Use Cases that require the use of Multiple Clouds
- Matt Wyman - Matt will discuss the challenges in building and running the complex hybrid clouds used by large financial institutions — where SaaS adoption must integrate with multiple legacy systems handling more than 100,000 enterprise users working on transactions worth billions of dollars. Yet the benefits of partial cloud adoption — higher efficiency, faster time-to-market, better compliance — outweigh the challenges.
- Chris Marino - Chris will describe the challenges of building networks that support Hybrid Clouds
6:30 - 7:00 p.m. Registration / Networking / Refreshments / Pizza
7:00 - 8:20 p.m. Presentations
8:20 - 8:30 p.m. Discussion