Search SIG: Using the Social Graph / Social Platforms to Enhance Search
Please register at the door!
Topic: Using the Social Graph / Social Platforms to Enhance Search & Discovery
Hey, I know it’s been a long time. But we’re getting back up to speed with an awesome event.
Dude, Where’s My Car? Using the Social Graph / Social Platforms to Enhance Search & Discovery
Topics to cover:
- platform overviews / highlight unique features of each platform (API overview / features)
- explore social graph search / friend list lookup — as API feature (on platform vs embedded external)
- discuss targeted search vs serendipitous discovery (search box vs news feed)
- enabling friend lists / social graph lookup from email / IM / other data sources
- opportunities for 3rd-party developers — distribution / viral acquisition / monetization
- review privacy mgmt / data portability — high priority or not? alpha geek issue, or mainstream?
Kevin Marks from Google
Aditya Argarwal from Facebook
Kent Brewster of Yahoo!
Eve Phillips CEO of Chirp
With Dave McClure moderating. This should be a good one!
Please welcome Robert Tri as our new co-chair. Robert is Director of Sales for Fast Search http://www.fastsearch.com
Yahoo! Main Campus
701 First Avenue
Building C, Classroom 5
Sunnyvale, CA 94089
The now well established Search SIG Agenda format will be used:
6:30-7:00pm - Registration / Food & Drink
7:00–7:05pm - A few words about the Search SIG
7:00-9:00 pm - Program
Price $15 at the door for non-SDForum members
No charge for SDForum members