Venture Finance SIG: Challenges of foreign technology companies moving to the U.S & becoming succe
Pre-registration is now closed. Please register at the door.
April 16th – Challenges of foreign technology companies moving to the U.S and becoming successful
Topics will include:
* Structure – what is the preferred legal structure?
* Timing – when you start raising money, before relocating or after relocating?
* Management Team – which team members need to be located in the US?
* Competition – how does a foreign company address the competitive landscape in the US?
* Advantage – what advantages does the company need to have to move to the US?
* Location – how do you determine what is the best specific location within the US?
* Intellectual Property – does that IP need to be in the US or can it be in the originating country
* Immigration Status – do the team members who are located in the US need specific Visa/Green Card
Shai Goldman, SVB Capital - www.svb.com/svbcapital
-Brian Wilcove, Sofinnova Ventures – www.sofinnova.com
-John Scull, Southern Cross Venture Partners - www.sxvp.com
-Andrew Roberts, Ephox – www.ephox.com
DLA Piper LLP
2000 University Ave.( University Circle) East Palo Alto, CA 94303
Note: These are the tall buildings on the corner of
University Avenue and Woodland Avenue on the west side of Hwy. 101. They are in the Univ
6:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Registration / Networking / Refreshments
7:00p.m.-8:30 p.m. Panel discussion and Pitch Session (starts promptly at 7:00pm)
$20 SDForum members
$30 Non-SDForum members
More on the Venture Finance SIG...