Legal 1on1: Gray, Cary, Ware & Freidenrich
50-minute appointments with Jeffry D. Aronson, Associate
Legal One on Ones provide an opportunity to meet with qualified start-up attorneys and receive council on your company's legal needs. Get help with issues pertaining to intellectual property, type of entity and more. Legal One on Ones also provide a good opportunity to find the right law firm for your business.
Appointments are available to SDForum members. Please call Julie at 408/494-8311 for an appointment or send your request to [email protected]. See below for more details on this session.
Jeffrey Aronson, Associate, Gray Cary Ware & Freidenrich LLP
Intellectual Property and Technology Licensing
Jeff Aronson is an attorney the licensing group at Gray Cary Ware & Freidenrich LLP. Mr. Aronson represents public and private companies in a variety of technology and business transactions. Gray Cary is a Silicon Valley-based law firm that represents emerging growth and technology companies, with more than 450 attorneys practicing in Palo Alto, San Diego, San Francisco, Austin, Sacramento and Seattle. Clients include public and private companies, from start-ups to Fortune 500.
Areas of Special Expertise:
Technology Licensing and Internet Transactions; Emerging Growth/Start-up Companies; Venture Capital Financings; General Corporate Counseling.
- Represented various hardware companies in negotiation of ASIC development and purchase agreements.
- Represented various software companies in negotiation of software development, licensing and distribution agreements.
- Represented a PDA company in various content and software licensing agreements.
- Represented an optical networking company in a patent license from a university.
- Represented emerging growth technology companies in venture capital financings.
- Drafted product development and channel agreements for networking company.
- Drafted a format application service provider (ASP) agreement for a start-up.
- Advised emerging growth technology companies on various corporate and software/hardware matters.
Prior Professional Experience:
Associate, White & Lee, Menlo Park, 1997-1999
J.D. - Santa Clara University School of Law (1996)
B.A. - University of California at Berkeley (1992)