Startup SIG: Jeff Lawson, Co-Founder & CEO, Twilio
Topic: Please join us at the SDForum Startup SIG Monday, July 20, to hear serial entrepreneur Jeff Lawson, Co-founder & CEO of Twilio!
Twilio is a startup based in San Francisco providing a cloud telephony API for developers to build voice applications, and is about 18 months old. Twilio makes it easy for web developers to incorporate voice into their applications. http://www.twilio.com
We'll ask Jeff to talk about:
- What Twilio is and how entrepreneurs can use it
- What Twilio's learned about basing a company on Amazon's services, ie, should other entrepreneurs do it?
What Twilio's learned about building and marketing an API company, vs a direct-to-end-user company
- what different markets they target and how
- what type of effort they have on education or support, including staffing, programs, alliances
- How they decided on this product offering, ie, the strategic thinking process
- How they're thinking about acquisition - are they positioning themselves for it, ignoring it, etc.
- What he's learned from his previous startups, whether he can apply that learning to Twilio or not
General info on starting and growing Twilio, including how they got funding and a mention in TechCrunch:
6:30pm Registration & networking
SDForum members, no charge. Non-members, $15 at the door, no registration necessary. The Startup SIG thanks our sponsors Orrick, SAP Labs LLC and Hewlett-Packard.
1100 Marsh Road
Menlo Park, CA 94025
6:30pm-7:00pm - registration
7:00pm-8:30pm - presentation
$15 at the door for non-SDForum members
No charge for SDForum members
Seating is limited
More on the Start-up SIG