VB SIG: The CAST Application Mining Suite
A new tool for analyzing and documenting VB applications.
Gina Yates, Regional Technical Manager CAST Software
Cubberley Community Center
4000 Middlefield, Room H-1
Palo Alto, CA
6:30-7:00pm Pizza/Tips & Tricks
7:00-9:00pm Main Program
$10 for non-SDForum Members
No charge for SDForum members and students with ID
Our August meeting will introduce the CAST Application Mining Suite. CAST VB Miner and AppViewer produce graphic representations of Visual Basic applications' source code, identifying all VB objects/COM objects and their interdependencies (static and dynamic links) and providing the developer with information on the application's inner structure.
Some benefits of using the Suite include:
- No longer any need to produce technical documentation by hand.
- Avoid time-consuming and boring tasks for developers, such as searching through code
- Easily understand complex inner workings of an application.
- Simulate the impact of a proposed change.
- See which COM components are used by the application.
- Find all explicit and implicit references to an object in seconds.