Security SIG: Internet Security and Your Legal Liability
Come hear Joe Burton, The Elcomsoft Lawyer in the "Dmityr Sklyarov DMCA" case and partner in Duane Morris, LLP.
Joe Burton, Lawyer - Duane Morris, LLP
Internet Secuity and Your Legal Liability
- Overview of Network Security Law.
- What is network security law and why should you care?
- Legal Issues in network vulnerability assesment and remediation.
- Good and essential incident response practices.
- Will "Lemon Laws" apply to software and how might that effect closed and open source software?
- Third Party Liability and Defense - including consultant liability and the legal aspects of DOS attacks, malicious code, network testing.
About the Presenter
Mr. Burton concentrates his practice in complex civil, criminal and appellate litigation. His practice includes trade secret, trademark and patent litigation with an emphasis in cybercrime and cybersecurity matters.
Mr. Burton is a former Assistant United States Attorney and chief of the Silicon Valley Office for the Northern District of California, where he brought several pioneering high technology prosecutions. He is a member of the White Collar Crime and Complex Crimes committees of the Section of Litigation of the American Bar Assocation and former chair of the Computer Crime Subcommittee. Mr. Burton is also a member of the Bar Association of San Francisco's Judiciary Committee, the Federal Bar Association and the Charles Houston Bar Association.
Admitted to practice in California and the District of Columbia, Mr. Burton is a former lawyer delegate to the Ninth Circuit Judicial Conferece. He is a 1973 graduate of Northeastern University and a graduate of the University of Dayton.
Cubberly Community Center
4000 Middlefield Road, Room H-1
Palo Alto, CA
7:00-9:00pm presentation and discussion
$15 for non-SDForum Members
No charge for SDForum members and students with ID
No registration required
More on the Security SIG....