SaaS SIG: Not-Yet-Common Wisdom in Software as a Service
The Monthly Meeting of the SaaS SIG
Not-Yet-Common Wisdom in Software as a Service
What do pricing models, software deployment times, and software management costs all have in common? In the past three years, the Software as a Service model has challenged each of these, completely changing what we all thought we knew about them, and rapidly creating new common wisdom about how SaaS affects each of these areas. Now that the initial wave of changes is in place, what's next? What other beliefs will the SaaS model challenge? And what have we recently learned about SaaS that isn't yet in the new common wisdom, but soon will be?
- How SaaS lets you reinvent product design
- What is replacing scalability as the key SaaS product
- development challenge
- What impact traditional software vendors will have as they enter the SaaS market
- The "5 A's" of SaaS marketing, and how it replaces the traditional "4P's" (Product, Price, Place, Promotion)
- How the definition of "customer" is being redefined by SaaS, and what that means for your sales organization
- What impact Open Source has on SaaS
Ken Rudin of LucidEra
Hear SaaS industry veteran Ken Rudin of LucidEra discuss the latest insights about the SaaS model, and how you can apply these insights to your business to give yourself a competitive advantage before they become common wisdom. With experience including being the 17th employee at salesforce.com and running their engineering team, being on the original board of NetSuite, creating the Siebel CRM OnDemand division at Siebel, and creating the new on-demand Business Intelligence company LucidEra, Ken uses his experience to share unique perspectives.
DLA Piper Rudnick Gray Cary LLP.
2000 University Avenue
(note: These are the tall buildings west of Hwy. 101 on the corner of University Avenue and Woodland Avenue in the University Circle complex.) East Palo Alto, CA 94303
6:30 - 7:00 p.m. Registration/Networking
7:00 - 9:00 p.m. Presentation
$15 at the door for non-SDForum members
No charge for SDForum members
No registration required