Lean Software Management
Refocusing on Customer Value
Pre-registration is no longer available.
Please register at the door.
Frode L. Ødegård
The Lean Enterprise approach to process excellence has revolutionized manufacturing world-wide and is now being used by companies seeking similar breakthrough results in product development. In this executive briefing we will discuss how Lean Principles can be applied to managing software development. By focusing on what actually generates customer value, Lean challenges conventional notions of "best practices". Companies implementing Lean move quickly to dramatically simplify and speed up processes, leverage architecture design choices, and overcome internal and external boundaries.
- Understand how to help your teams focus on what actually adds customer value
- Discover eight ways to speed up your projects
- Identify six key measurements for evaluating how wasteful/lean your processes are
- See how specifications and architectures can be sources of waste as well as value
- Learn about five key principles for achieving Lean Software Development
- Uncover hidden sources of waste in software processes and products
- Get a fresh perspective on how to select and deploy “best practices”
- Understand how Lean differs from other approaches to software process excellence
Who Should Attend
This session is aimed at executives and senior managers who seek to quickly improve the speed and quality of software development. It will be especially relevant for organizations with multiple development teams who are not getting the results they desire from their current process improvement efforts.
About the Speaker
Frode L. Ødegård
Frode L. Ødegård is the Founder and President of the Lean Software Institute. He is a frequent public speaker on software engineering management. Frode's lecture topics have included optimizing software development for profitability, defect prevention, specifications, leadership, culture, architecture, outsourcing practices, and various aspects of Lean as applied to IT and software development. He is the author of a forthcoming book titled "Implementing Lean Software Development: Theory, Practice, Results". Organizations Frode has helped include NASA, Sony Electronics Inc., AT&T Wireless, Conexant Systems, Mindspeed, Plantronics, and Johnson & Johnson. He is a serial entrepreneur who founded his first software company at age 17.
8:00am to 8:30am Registration/Continental breakfast
8:30am to 10:30am Program
111 W. Saint John, Suite 200
San Jose, CA 95113
Cost $35 SDForum members
Cost $45 non-members
At the Door:
Registration at the Door
Cost $45 SDForum members
Cost $55 non-members