FF SIG: Market Segmentation
This session presents a systematic segmentation process that enables a high tech startup to cut time and cost to market by focusing on solving a clear unmet market need.
Building a Clear Path to Capitalize on Market Changes
Do you find yourself in the following situations? :
"We have been selling to this market for months and we have no traction"
"The pipeline is filled with great opportunities that just seem to disappear"
"Why does it take so long to close a sale?"
This session presents a systematic segmentation process that enables a high tech startup to cut time and cost to market by focusing on solving a clear unmet market need. Find out how to develop a market model that becomes a guide for the business planning process. This interactive session will help you develop the tools necessary to address the following issues:
- Does your business strategy match up with the market opportunity?
- How large is your market opportunity?
- Are you developing a product that the market will want? Who will buy it?
- How long is it going to take you to get there? Who else is there already?
- What risks are there - now and in the future?
- Do you have a sustainable competitive advantage?
By combining market research with information from other respected resources, you can create a market model that becomes a guide for the business planning process. Applying this model will help you:
- Ensure a customer-centric view of business opportunities
- Clearly maps out targets by common characteristics, channels, competitive landscape
- Understand your market's size, trends, and growth challenges
- Develop a plan to accelerate the business in a changing market, while minimizing resource investments
- Design a product growth strategy, including pricing, partnerships, and channels
- Position the company
- Bring focus to complex problems
About our Guest
Khang Xiong, Principal at Aptune
Ms. Xiong brings extensive experience as a marketing manager and consultant to emerging companies. Her expertise is in helping clients identify new markets and develop go-to-market plans that improve sales revenues. She has a proven track record in helping high tech startups penetrate new or existing markets for rapid revenue growth. Prior to founding Aptune, Ms. Xiong worked at leading large publicly held and small high tech startup organizations including Neoforma, Avolent, AG Edwards and Adecco SA. She is currently a Board Director of the Challenge Learning Center and served on the Board of the American Marketing Association (Silicon Valley). Ms. Xiong holds a B.A. in Political, Legal and Economic Analysis from Mills College.
Sorry, this event is SOLD-OUT!
111 West Saint John, Suite 200
San Jose, CA 95113
6:00pm-6:30pm - registration
6:30pm-8:30pm - discussion
$15 for non-SDForum Members
No charge for SDForum members and students with ID
More on the Founders Forum