Business Intelligence SIG: Big Data for BI: Beyond the Hype
Online registration is now closed. You may register onsite. Thank you!
Big Data for BI: Beyond the Hype
This session will present the good, the bad, and the ugly when it comes to using "Big Data" technologies as datasources for BI projects.
We will discuss the answers to these questions:
* What are the most common use cases for BI and Big Data?
* What are the differences between traditional tools and the Big Data ones?
* What are the main Big Data technologies and what are their strengths and weaknesses from a BI perspective?
* What BI projects are realistically attainable today?
* What assumptions can you make and what questions should you ask when investigating a BI & Big Data solution?
We will also demo Pentaho's Big Data capabilities and provide you with software you can use for Big Data BI projects.
Eddie White, EVP of Business Development
Eddie is responsible for developing Pentaho's strategic relationships with big data vendors and commercializing Pentaho Business Analytics for major cloud/SaaS hardware and software vendors. An execution-oriented executive business and sales leader, Eddie has more than 20 years of experience helping businesses meet and exceed their sales revenue and growth targets through, business development, strategic alliances partnerships, and acquisitions.
Dave Henry, SVP of Enterprise Solutions
Dave is responsible for assisting Pentaho's corporate customers and technology partners with the evaluation, development and deployment of big data strategies and solutions. He has nearly 20 years of experience with database technologies, data warehousing and business intelligence and has held a variety of senior positions including business development, product marketing, pre-sales management and professional services at Sagent, Temtec and PLATINUM technology
6:30pm - 7:00pm - Registration & Networking
7:00pm - 8:30pm - Presentation