Venture Startup & Financing SIG: The How, What and to Whom of Pitching
Online Registration is now closed - you may register at the door. Thank you!
Venture Startup and Financing SIG:
Venture Startup and Financing SIG: Back to School Nite…The How, What and to Whom of Pitching– Monday, August 15, 2011
Well yes, it is the end of summer and it is time to go back to school. But in this case we are talking about learning how to do a better job of pitching your idea-to investors, potential hires and prospect customers. Not only will you learn what to pitch (the secret slides that you should have for every presentation) but you will also learn how to be a better presenter and who you should target for your pitch.
• Secrets to maximizing the effectiveness of PowerPoint and Keynote slides
• Secrets about meetings with the right venture capitalists and angel investors
• The secret "right" number of slides to use in an investor meeting
• How to immediately win over your audience of 1 or 1,000
• What you can do to keep people on the edge of their seats
• How to use your voice and body when presenting
• How to make your presentations and demos personal
• How to leave a lasting positive impression
Our speaker for this evening will be Jon Baer, who is a co-chair of the Venture Startup and Financing SIG and a principal at Threshold Ventures. In addition to their discussion, they will be taking questions and offering feedback on audience two minute pitches. This is a great opportunity to get helpful feedback!
Silicon Valley Bank
2400 Hanover Street
Palo Alto, CA 94304
$35 for non-SVForum members
$20.00 for SVForum members
Note: There is an additional $10.00 charge at the door - if not pre-registered.
Seating is limited! It is very important to pre-register for this event. It does sell-out and we may need to turn people away. Please note: Because of Paypal's new policies, we can no longer accept American Express cards at the door.
6:30 - 7:00 pm Registration and Networking
7:00 - 8:30 pm Presentation