Venture Finance SIG: Seed Funding - Uncovered
The Monthly Meeting of the Venture Finance SIG
Topic: Seed Funding - Uncovered
Presentation: Come and listen to a panel of early stage investors and entrepreneurs on the nitty-gritty of seed funding. If you are in the process of starting a company or raising your initial round for one, this is a panel which you must attend. Getting the scoop from people on both sides of the process should be very insightful.
Some of the topics/questions that the panel will tackle are:
1. When to raise seed funding? How far along should the company be?
2. Who should the funding be raised from (VCs, angels, others)?
3. How long does it take for the process to be complete? How many investors one should speak with at a time?
4. What's the appropriate structure for the funding (convertible notes, equity etc.)?
5. How much money to raise in the seed round? How many investors?
There should be ample time to network after the panel discussion.
Moderator: Sachin Maheshwari, Opus Capital
Panelists: -Jeff Clavier, SoftTech VC
-Touraj Parang, Founder Jaxtr
-Bill Reichert, Garage Technology Ventures
NOTE: You may register online or register at the door, the night of the event. Thank you.
DLA Piper LLP
2000 University Ave.(University Circle)
East Palo Alto, CA 94303
Note: These are the tall buildings on the corner of University Avenue and Woodland Avenue on the west side of Hwy. 101. They are in the University Circle complex.
6:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Registration / Networking / Refreshments
7:00p.m.-8:30 p.m. Panel discussion and Pitch Session (starts promptly at 7:00pm)
$20 SDForum members
$30 Non-SDForum members
More on the Venture Finance SIG...