SVForum & Procopio Present: How to Get Started Right: Tackling Issues Facing Your Startup Now
Note this event is only open to industry companies/individuals looking to form a start-up; no service providers please. Space is limited and registration is required.
Join us for this informative, interactive presentation created just for start-ups that will send you away with answers that you won't find elsewhere. Paul Johnson, Partner at Procopio, Cory, Hargreaves & Savitch LLP, will discuss some of the key legal questions facing start-ups, some of which entrepreneurs are too afraid to ask. Mr. Johnson's presentations are lively and entertaining, and he brings over 15 years of legal experience and the related war stories to help solve the problems vexing you and your new venture today. More information
Key topics to be addressed will include:
• When is the right time to start?
• How does my expected exit impact what I do today?
• How do I right-size my cap table?
• What form of entity should I choose?
• What funding sources are really out there?
• How do I avoid diluting myself?
• How do I make sure all founders are pulling their weight?
• What are the risks in using independent contractors?
• What should I know before promising equity?
• How can I economically protect my IP?
• I got a term sheet: is this market?
$60 Onsite Registration (Note: seating is limited; onsite registration will be based on availability)
Special 50% discounted rate offered to all SVForum members who register before August 10th. In order to obtain discount, please enter code: SVF
8:00am - 8:30am: Registration/Breakfast/Networking
8:30am - 10:00am: Program
10:00am - 10:30am: Q&A