Market Assessment - The Key to Organic Growth
Sixty-four percent of venture groups believe that companies fail because they fail to assess the market accurately and plan accordingly. How would you evaluate your organization’s ability to grow?
- "We have been selling to this market for months and we have no traction."
- "The pipeline is filled with great opportunities that just seem to disappear."
- "We have sold multiple variations of the same product…trying to deliver is killing us!"
This seminar is a block and tackle session on how to really assess your market and build a clear path to capitalize on market changes. Whether you are a looking to build visibility for growth, or to build a business model to secure equity, this session presents a systematic assessment process. It enables an organization to cut time- and cost-to-market by focusing on solving a clear unmet market need. And, when executed with rigor, it will arm you with the tools to answer the following questions:
- Do you have a unique business strategy?
- How large is your opportunity, really?
- Are you developing a product that the market will want? Who will buy it?
- How long is it going to take you to get there? Who else is there already?
- How well does you management team rank?
- What risks are there – now and in the future?
By combining quick-hitting and rapid market research with information from other respected sources, you can create a market model that becomes a guide for the business planning process. Applying this model will help you:
- Understand your market's size, trends and growth challenges
- Develop a plan to accelerate the business in a changing market, while minimizing resource investments
- Design a product growth strategy, including pricing, partnerships and channels
- Position the company
Elizabeth Stites, President, GAJ Services Inc.
Ms. Stites, president, brings 16 years of proven experience as a marketing executive and consultant to emerging companies. As a results-oriented professional, her expertise is in 'jump-starting' the marketing function while unifying the company messaging for both the technical and financial worlds. Ms. Stites has a proven track record in positioning companies for rapid growth. Prior to founding GAJ Services Inc., Ms. Stites worked for several blue-chip companies. She directed a strategically focused marketing and corporate communications department at Convergys. While at Reynolds and Reynolds, Ms. Stites was a driving force in a revenue generation initiative--reaching 160 percent of plan and a five-fold profit increase. At Ernst & Young, Ms. Stites participated in a wide variety of systems consulting projects and at IBM Corporation she was responsible for national accounts development. Ms. Stites holds a bachelor's degree in materials and metallurgical engineering from the University of Michigan.
8:30am-9:00am Registration/Networking/Continental breakfast
111 W. Saint John, Suite 200
San Jose, CA 95113
Sales and Marketing, Startup Stage
Cost (Continental Breakfast included)
$30 SDForum Members
Pre-registration unavailable. Please register at the door.