Successful Exits: How to Prepare & What to Expect
Registration closes at 12pm on 10/17.
October 17th, 2013
You've made your decision-- now make your plan. At this installment of Funded Founders Forum, experts from DLA Piper and FLG partners will discuss the parameters of a successful exit: the steps you need to take, the challenges you'll face, and the best way to get from "here" to "there." Come listen, learn, and network with your fellow Funded Founders.
Topics Will Include:
• Timing — Know when it is the right time to sell.
• Valuation — Figure out how much your business is worth.
• Taxes — Do what’s needed to minimize.
• Financial Statements — Prepare what’s needed.
• Due Diligence — Avoid the pitfalls.
• Sale Process — Manage the process to maximize value.
• Legal — Minimize your risk during and after the sale.
• Deal Structure — Optimize to meet lifetime financial goals.
• Other — Management, employees and special considerations for family-owned businesses.
John Finegan, FLG Partners
George Northup, Memeo
Michael Torosian, DLA Piper
Paul Rosenfeld, Fanminder
Jens Hortsmann, Crestlight Venture Productions
moderated by: Susan Lucas-Conwell, SVForum
This event is an invite-only event for recently Funded Founders-- individuals who are founders of a company that has received (at least) Seed or Series A funding in the last 2 years. For an invitation or more information, please email [email protected].