Digital Media SIG: "Reimagining the SIG Experience Workshop"
Please note, the location for the meeting is in Redwood Shores. Please arrive by 7:00 PM, the doors lock at 7:00. Thank you!
Digital Meda SIG
April 23, 2012
"Reimagining the SIG Experience Workshop"
For years SVForum has relied on monthly or bi-monthly special interest group (SIG) meetings as core gathering points for our topics-based communities. In-person gatherings present invaluable face time and personal connections, even given all the digital tools we have now. This is an awesome model and we want it to thrive even more.
Now, what if you were to re-imagine the SIG meeting experience?
Are there ways to make the SVForum SIG experience unique?
How can it be differentiated from other similar meetings?
What roles can you imagine digital media (meaning ANY digital communication tools) could play?
How would you remake the SIG experience for the new decade of smartphones, tablets, Twitter, streaming video, podcasts, Meetups, telepresence, virtual worlds, Google Talks, screencasts, and Tedx?
What experiences through digital media are comparable to a SIG meeting?
How could you reliably capture and represent the audio and visual content of a SIG? What attempts have been made in the past? What have we learned and what should be revisited?
In this special "unconference" session we will consider new futures for the SIG meeting itself. Bring some ideas that you think are promising. Expect to meet some who agree and want to partner and some who may disagree that you can learn from.
After the merger with Silicon Valley Academy of Startup Entrepreneurs (SVASE), and with a flow of new people who have discovered SVForum through Meetup, now is a good opportunity to especially welcome new members and learn from their experiences with other models.
Don't miss this chance to share new ideas on how Digital Media specialists can bring some interesting solutions to the table. How can we use our talents to evolve SVForum in this new decade?
- Note takers needed, so bring a laptop or other device to do so if you can.
- More about the Unconference aka. OPen Space technology:
The basis 'rules' of the Unconference......
(1) The people who come are the best people who could have come.
2) Whatever happens is the only thing that could have happened.
3) It starts when it starts (but we'll start at 6:30)
4) It's over when it's over (and we'll be out by 9:00)
5) The Law of Two Feet ("If you are not learning or contributing to a talk or presentation or discussion it is your responsibility to find somewhere where you can contribute or learn").
6:30 PM Registration and Networking
7:00 PM -8:40 PM Presentations