Community Event Partnership: Augmented World Expo (AWE2013) June 4-5 in Santa Clara
SVForum's Digital Media SIG is happy to welcome back the Augmented World Expo (AWE2013 - formerly Augmented Reality Event) June 4-5, 2013 at Santa Clara Convention Center.
Representatives from the Digital Media SIG will host a conference expo booth to connect with the Augmented Reality community and cultivate Silicon Valley connections to this vibrant, emerging industry.
Join us there! Early bird registration is available until April 9. If you're not already an SVForum member, we will be offering free 90 day trial SVForum memberships to attendees of AWE2013 at the booth.
Find out more about Augmented World Expo (AWE2013) below:
Computing is changing inside out.
The world is now the platform.
AugmentedReality.org, the producer of the annual Augmented Reality Event (ARE) is proud to announce the maturing of an edgy conference about augmented reality into the world’s first expo dedicated to the augmented world. If you loved ARE, you are going to find Augmented World Expo™ (AWE) the most important event of 2013.
Initial Keynote speakers confirmed: Bruce Sterling ("The prophet of AR"), and Will Wright (legendary creator of The Sims and reality gaming) - will return with mind blowing keynotes. Stay tuned for announcements of additional industry luminaries to take the main stage.
Augmented World Expo, the world’s largest gathering of designers, engineers and business leaders dedicated to solving real world problems in Augmented Reality, is now open for registration.
Register early to receive the lowest rate and spread the word to your colleagues.
$595 - Full conference price - register online
$395 - Early bird price - register by April 9th
6 Reasons to Attend AWE 2013
1) Network - Connect with 1000 like-minded AR enthusiasts
2) Learn - 35 hours of educational sessions by 100+ speakers.
3) Experience AR - The largest expo of "Augmented Humans in an Augmented World"
4) Get inspired - Past sessions were rated 92% positive (on average)
5) Find a product or partner - In 2012 70% of attendees found a product/partner
6) It will exceed your expectations - 93% of 2012 attendees said they'll return
Augmented World Expo will showcase the best in augmented experiences covering all aspects of life: health, education, emergency response, art, media and entertainment, retail, manufacturing, brand engagement, travel, automotive, urban design, and more. It will be the largest exposition to bring together technologies for Augmented Humans in an Augmented World, including emerging interrelated technologies such as augmented reality, gesture interaction, wearables computing, smart things & robotics, cloud & big data, and 3D printing.
The AWE 2013 program includes:
- Pre-Event Tutorial (Mon. pm) - review and comparison of the best AR SDKs
- Keynotes - 4 mind blowing presentations by industry luminaries
- The Talks – 30 hours of sessions in 3 tracks: Business, Technology, and Design
- The Auggies – Awards for the best of the best in augmented reality
- The ARt Gala – AR art displays by top artists and a food and drinks reception
- The Startup Launch Pad – Showcase for innovative startups and a competition
- The Conference Expo – Leading AR companies display their products in the expo
- Augmented Future – Ground breaking ideas that will change the augmented world
AWE 2013 will be held at the Santa Clara Convention Center, on June 4-5, 2013.
Don’t miss out. Register now!
AugmentedReality.org is a global not-for-profit organization dedicated to advancing and promoting the true potential of augmented reality. As trusted partner of its members and supporters, AR.org facilitates and catalyzes the global and regional transformation of the AR industry. AR.org also owns and produces the largest international event for augmented reality and the global forum for AR innovation: Augmented World Expo (formerly Augmented Reality Event). All profits from the event are reinvested into AR.org’s industry services.